Alumni Advisory Board
The mission of the Alumni Advisory Board is to provide critical and supportive advice to assist the UCLA Electrical Engineering Department in enhancing its leadership role in education and research. The board helps foster a sense of community among the department's alumni, and helps promote through academic, professional, and social events improved interaction with the alumni and excellence in the department's educational programs and objectives. The board also assists in promoting the achievements of distinguished alumni and the achievements of the department, and assists in fundraising efforts for student fellowships.
The Alumni Advisory Board assists the UCLA Electrical Engineering Department in fostering a closer interaction with its alumni, and in enhancing its educational objectives, through a variety of activities and functions that may include some of the following:
- Feedback on the department's educational objectives and curriculum enhancements.
- Creation of an EE Alumni Association.
- Membership; elections to the Alumni Advisory Board.
- An online alumni database.
- An online alumni newsletter.
- Dissemination of alumni news.
- Organization of alumni social events.
- Organization of professional events for students (e.g., job workshops; internships).
- Organization of seminars and short courses for alumni.
Recognize Alumni Excellence
- Distinguished EE Alumni Award.
- Distinguished Young EE Alumni Award.
Assistance in Student Scholarships
- Assist in fundraising efforts.
- Undergraduate student fellowships.
- Student mentorship and student internships.
The board consists of up to 10 representatives from several generations of alumni of the UCLA Electrical Engineering Department. The board includes alumni members from both industry and academia. It also includes alumni members that have received at least one degree (BS, MS, or PhD) from the UCLA Electrical Engineering Department. Membership in the board is for a three-year period. The board is led by a Chair and a Vice Chair.